Search This Blog

5.2.11

My experiences in the BI workshop – K.SAILESH, Roll no 12026, Marketing

I had the wonderful opportunity presented in college to attend a 3 day workshop of Business Intelligence analysis and reporting using SPSS software. The reason I say wonderful is because research is a very big field and contributes a lot to the success of many big and small organizations. A lot of time and effort is spent by the researchers in back offices supplying valuable information to the front end and I was about to learn this piece of software called SPPS which would actually unweil to me the amount of detailing and also how things can be made simplified and beneficial to the organizations aspect clear to me.

On the first day I came 2 know that there basically are 2 views – the variable view and the data view – both having their own uses and offcourse the output really simplifies decision making. We were explained all the various tabs, headings, rows, labels in the views. We had hands on experience on working on the files that have been stored in the spss folder that we installed. We used them to analyze. We first worked on the cross tabs and frequencies feature. I really enjoyed working on the software.

Day 2, it was on perceptual mapping on a software called permap and also cluster analysis

Day 3, on discriminant analysis and factor analysis.
The best part was that like Im doing now, blogging on it. I thought instead of the 3rd blog being on some topic done on the 3rd day I end up blogging on how fun it is blogging about spss. It was really challenging workshop 2 , I mean required loads of concentration though at times I guess It was ok to while away a bit. The best part in doing the assignments we actually end up reading a lot of cases and seeing how the applications of SPSS and business analysis are being used in day to day lives. Few topics left and very much looking forward to it and also probably a career in research
And ya since its before the deadline of the submission of all the assignments, I really had fun blogging so far..

No comments:

Post a Comment